MRCPCH/DCH Foundation of Practice exam preparation for overseas candidates – online workshop
This 3 hour workshop will explore topics within the FOP exam that have proven particularly challenging for overseas candidates. We'll use case scenarios to help you understand the key knowledge and skills required and the pitfalls to avoid.
What is the course about?
This 3 hour workshop will explore topics within the FOP exam that have proven particularly challenging for overseas candidates. We’ll use case scenarios to help you understand the key knowledge and skills required and the pitfalls to avoid.
We’ll also provide practical tips of how to approach your revision so that you can further develop your knowledge and present to the exam with confidence.
- Overseas candidates planning to take the MRCPCH/DCH Foundation of Practice exam
Learning Aims, Objectives and Outcomes:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- understand which topics most overseas candidates find difficult and know how to tackle these in the exam
- understand more about the management of a range of paediatric conditions in the UK healthcare system
- know how to approach your ongoing revision for the exam.
Why come to the course?
As one of the theory exams required for RCPCH membership and the theory exam required for the Diploma in Child Health qualification, success in the Foundation of Practice (FOP) exam is important to many. However, it can be particularly challenging for overseas candidates who may not have experience of working in the NHS, which forms the basis of the clinical practice assessed in this exam. In this workshop you will have:
- Lectures from expert faculty
- Audience participation and use of interactive live exam scenarios focusing on areas known to be challenging to overseas candidates
- Tips and advice on how to approach the exam questions in the context of UK clinical practice.
Dr Priya Kumar
Consultant Paediatrician and Clinical Director in Paediatrics at London North West University Healthcare Trust
I was able to get actual practical teaching from professionals skilled in the field, instead of just studying from a textbook. Ethics and safeguarding are areas that are difficult to grasp from reading and UK ethics are not practiced in my country, so my knowledge/understanding has been very limited.
The presenters were very approachable and gave good information as to what would be expected in the exam.