- Miss Urshla (Oosh) Devalia
- Miss Armaana Ahmed
Date of Recording
May 11, 2021
May 10, 2022
1. Understand the issue of dental decay (caries) at a population and patient level
2. Understand the key messages for delivering better oral health
3. Have an awareness of professional interventions being carried out throughout the UK
- Tooth decay is a preventable disease
- Baby/primary teeth are important, and dental decay and early tooth loss causes harm
- Dental decay affects 4 areas that are key to children's overall development. - sleep, social interaction, nutrition and education.
- Delivering Better Oral Health provides guidance to health practitioners to provide consistent messages regarding Diet Advice, Toothbrushing, Fluoride toothpaste, Water Fluoridation and Dental Check-ups
- Preventive programmes in all four nations focus on preventive advice, fluoride availability, supervised tooth brushing and early dental check ups
- Every contact with a child should be used as an opportunity to promote good oral health, Make Every Contact Count
- Be aware of National Inititatives such as Dental Check By 1 and Mini Mouth Care Matters
We would be very grateful for your feedback on this webinar – the survey should take no longer than 3-4 minutes to complete. Thank you.
We do not issue CPD certificates for webinars or podcasts, as we are unable to verify participation.
However, you are still able to record as a CPD activity as you normally would, detailing what you have learned and how the learning will benefit your practice.
When recording the activity, delegates should focus on the reflection and detail the following:
- What did you learn?
- What effect has/will the learning had/have on your current practice?
- What further learning or action, if any, is needed as a result of the original learning activity?
If you have any questions, please contact the CPD team
If you use the RCPCH CPD Diary, you can click here to visit the diary and record your learning: Log your learning on the RCPCH CPD Diary
Miss Urshla (Oosh) Devalia
Miss Armaana Ahmed
Found an issue? Please get in touch with us:Email us at email@example.com